November 5-8, 2023 | Chicago, IL
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Call for Sessions Opens: September 2022
- Submission Deadline: December 2022
- Peer Review: January/February 2023
- Final Session Selections: April 2023
- Proposal Status Notifications: May 2023
Please Note: Late proposals cannot be considered for review; no deadline extensions or exceptions will be granted.Close
- An organization can submit a maximum of one proposal (all proposals submitted by different individuals from the same organization, count towards this limit).
- An individual can submit a maximum of one proposal and be included as an additional speaker/panelist in proposals submitted by other organizations.
- To promote broad participation in the program, LeadingAge may limit the number of sessions an organization can participate in.
- If duplicate proposals are submitted, only the most recent submission will be considered for review.
Please Note: Speaker substitutions cannot be made once a proposal has been submitted.Close
All proposals are peer-reviewed. A committee of LeadingAge members considers the following criteria when evaluating the merits of each proposal:
- Relevance of topic and applicability of concepts to aging services providers.
- Experienced speakers, knowledgeable about the subject matter and LeadingAge audience.
- Diversity of voices, perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences represented, including demographic diversity.
Please Note: Given the high number of quality proposals we receive each year, only about 25% of submissions can be included in the final program.Close
LeadingAge urges submitters to consider the following as they develop content and identify speakers for proposed sessions.
- Sessions are expected to incorporate the LeadingAge member viewpoint vs. solely feature business firms or consultants.
- Racial diversity and balanced gender representation on panels is strongly encouraged.
- Sessions should include the voice of elders, especially when the content touches on the resident/client experience.
- Be mindful of the language you use. Refer to LeadingAge’s Anti-Ageism Quick Guide to ensure your proposal reflects person-centered values and language.
- Tailor the information to the intended audience; be specific about the topic’s relevance and applicability to a specific setting or professional discipline.
- Consider education delivery methods that create opportunities for meaningful audience interaction and engagement.
- Avoid focusing your session content around a specific product or service.
- Start early. Don’t miss the deadline. Be creative.
- you must have a My.LeadingAge login to submit a proposal.
- list a succinct headline that clearly conveys what your session is about.
- provide a clear, detailed description of the content to be covered in your 60-minute session.
- outline the key takeaways (specific skills and/or practical knowledge) the audience will gain by attending your session.
- describe how your session will contribute to an inclusive and diverse program with respect to voices, perspectives, populations, topics, education delivery methods, and/or audience engagement.
- select the topic area that best describes your planned session content:
- aging services technologies
- design strategies & solutions
- diversity, equity & inclusion
- governance & leadership
- growth & mission advancement
- marketing & consumer behavior
- operations & performance improvement
- person-directed well-being
- policy, compliance & legal issues
- workforce development
- list job title, organization, contact information for each speaker and provide a brief overview of the speaker's knowledge, professional experience, and educational background related to the proposed session topic and the aging services field.
Please Note: We cannot make any changes to a proposal once it has been submitted. We recommend drafting/saving your responses in advance.Close
Are deadline extensions granted?
No. Proposals cannot be accepted once the submission site closes; no deadline extensions or exceptions will be granted.
Do I need a MyLeadingAge account to submit a proposal?
Yes. If you don't have a My.LeadingAge account, you’ll need to create one before you can submit a proposal.
Can I submit a proposal on behalf of someone else?
Yes. Speaker substitutions cannot be made once a proposal has been submitted.
Can I update my proposal?
No. We cannot make any changes to a proposal once it has been submitted. If selected, you will have an opportunity to update your session content and confirm new or additional speakers.
What topics are included in the program?
Sessions featured in the program cover a wide range of topics within each of the education tracks (refer to the PROPOSAL COMPONENTS section).
Can I propose a keynote or Deep Dive?
No. Thank you for the interest! Our keynote speakers and deep dives are by invitation only.
Does LeadingAge pay speakers?
LeadingAge does not provide travel, lodging or other financial compensation to speakers. Confirmed speakers are entitled to a complimentary daily registration on the day of their presentation or a $200 discount toward a full registration.
Who can submit a proposal?
Anyone working in aging services or a related field can submit a proposal. Proposals can come from members or non-members, residents/clients, business firms, consultants, vendors, academics, researchers, etc.
Who attends the conference?
The Annual Meeting is designed primarily for aging services providers, including life plan communities, assisted living, dementia care, nursing homes, adult day centers, home care and hospice agencies, and other providers of housing and supportive services for older adults.Close
If selected to participate in the program, speakers agree to:
- Participate in-person and incur all expenses related to the development and implementation of their sessions; LeadingAge cannot pay honorarium or reimburse for travel related expenses.
- Register for the conference; speakers are entitled to a complimentary daily registration or a $200 discount toward full conference registration.
- Post session materials to the Speaker Portal prior to the conference for attendees to access/download.
- Notify LeadingAge of any speaker changes in a timely manner.
Please Note: LeadingAge reserves the right to change session titles, descriptions, etc. for use in promotional materials.Close