We are looking forward to holding the 2021 LeadingAge Annual Meeting + EXPO in Atlanta on October 24-27. After a uniquely difficult year, our members are coming together this fall to strengthen our sector. The collective power of LeadingAge members is made greater through sharing, learning, and collaboration—and together we are building momentum toward making America a better, more equitable place to grow old.
While the 2021 Annual Meeting + EXPO presents us with the opportunity to come together in person again, we recognize this year will be a little different.
The City of Atlanta is open for business and has been safely hosting events for several months. To bolster the world-class safety protocols already in place at the Georgia World Congress Center and our host hotels, we are providing the following resources and highlighting some of the COVID-19 protocols that you can expect to see at the LeadingAge Annual Meeting + EXPO:
- LeadingAge will designate mask zones in location where large numbers of attendees will gather, such as keynotes.
- LeadingAge has increased the seating for food and beverage so attendees are encouraged to enjoy them outside of mask zones.
- EXPO, Keynotes, Education Sessions, Networking lounges and on shuttle buses will embrace smart, socially-distanced optional seating allowing attendees to choose the physical distance that makes them the most comfortable.
- Dedicated entry and exit points will be established wherever possible halls to spread people more evenly throughout the space.
- We will employ a touchless badge pickup system with more locations and longer hours to reduce crowding at registration.
- RFID touchless technology will be used to monitor session attendance.
- Enhanced physical cleaning will be a high priority with ongoing sanitizing of high-traffic areas throughout the convention center and hotels including common areas, bathrooms, door handles, elevators and escalators.
- Exhibitors are required to bring sanitizing wipes to keep booth surfaces clean and structure their booths to allow for social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the convention center and in our official hotels.
Local Health and Safety Mandates
LeadingAge will be following all local health and safety mandates, which include encouraging anyone planning to attend the LeadingAge Annual Meeting + EXPO to be vaccinated or have recently received a negative COVID-19 test.
- City of Atlanta Covid Update: https://discoveratlanta.com/coronavirus/
- Georgia World Congress Center Covid Update: https://www.gwcca.org/returnplan
We will be video recording a select portion of the sessions and the keynotes, which will be available for purchase as an add-on to your in-person registration or from our Learning Hub after the event for those who cannot attend in person.Close
We understand plans can change unexpectedly, therefore we are providing a no risk cancellation policy this year, allowing attendees to register and receive a full refund, should plans change.Close
Attendee & Exhibitor Health & Safety Pledge
LeadingAge Annual Meeting is committed to keeping attendees safe during the event. As a member of the LeadingAge community, we each play an important role to keep each other as safe as possible.
As a LeadingAge Annual Meeting attendee or exhibitor, I pledge to do my part to keep myself, my fellow attendees, and other people healthy and safe by agreeing to the following:
- I understand LeadingAge strongly encourages attendees to either be fully vaccinated or recently had a negative COVID-19 test before traveling to or attending the LeadingAge Annual Meeting.
- I am aware that how each person chooses to navigate the safety practices associated COVID-19 varies from person to person and I respect each person's individual choice.
- I will follow LeadingAge safety guidelines onsite, including wearing a mask in designated mask zones.
- I will stay at home or in my hotel room if I am feeling sick.
Thank you for doing your part in helping keep the LeadingAge Annual Meeting a safe and comfortable experience for everyone.Close